Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:11:41 +0200

Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote on 07.06.2004 18:56:26:

> While in general it really make sense to have modular approach, I
> confess that I'm confused with GWorkspace as it it. Having modular
> things, ok. But it should have been bundles then, not separate
> applications. I really don't see why Inspector.app or Operations.app
> are applications...

Another argument: if one of those little apps segfaults for some reason
the others can continue unaffected. It will be easier to track bugs down
if GWorkspace is splitted into modules. The launchtime and memory
footprint will also improve since not all of the code is loaded at once.

> just my 0.2€ ..

20 cent, that quite a lot ;-)

> --
> Nicolas Roard