Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6.5
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:04:50 -1000

That hypothetical daemon I mentioned, the one which would keep track of running apps. There are other things it would be use full for too. Specifically things that are essential for the creation of a working dock. For example, a dock needs to know when an App wants to change it's AppIcon.

Personally, I think if there is another app/daemon present that is willing to handle the AppIcon at Application launch time then it should be used to handle the AppIcon, otherwise the App itself can use the original AppIcon Tile behavior. I think that is a reasonable behavior.

Comments?
Chad