Re: Renaissance problems

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: Renaissance problems
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:58:13 -0500

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 20:06:00 +0200 (MEST), Dirk Olmes
<dirk@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sure I saw references to this problem before in some unrelated mail
> thread ...
>
> I have problems with Renaissance. The app starts but Renaissance does not
> seem to load the GUI - all outlets that should be connected are still nil.
>
> I've tried to install the official 0.8 Renaissance release but the error
> stays the same so I guess it isn't really a Renaissance problem. Updating
> gnustep from CVS doesn't help either.
>
> Any hints?
>
> -dirk

I have been having the same issues.  I just did a rebuild of GNUstep
cvs as of May 30th, including Renaissance CVS, and now Renaissance
apps simply are not displaying a GUI.  (It's also nonfatal, I see no
errors... they just continue running, evidently ignorant of the fact
that it is impossible to interact with them).

I am going to have to pull Renaissance from my repository until this
is fixed, unfortunately :(

-- Michael