Re: [RFC] GWorkspace support for Freedesktop's Icon Theme Specification

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: [RFC] GWorkspace support for Freedesktop's Icon Theme Specification
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 02:30:44 +0100

Le 5 juin 04, à 01:59, Alex Perez a écrit :

Enrico et. al,

I was wondering if you had ever considered adding support to GWorkspace for Freedesktop.org 's Icon Theme Specification, at http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec -0.8.html

I think this would be a really great thing to have support for, personally. Does anyone else on the list wish to comment?

In fact, icon support isn't really done by GWorkspace, but by NSWorkspace, imho. But while we are here talking about Freedesktop, I'd like to ask here another alex's question: would it be sensible to use D-BUS *directly* in GNUstep ? (instead of gdomap) The interest would be a better cooperation between GNUstep apps and others desktop apps.. (and D-BUS is also useable for system notifications as well, so anyway we'll perhaps needs to support it at one point)
There are api for Qt, Gtk and Python at the moment.

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/dbus

On the same line of idea... how difficult would it be to have some kind of PDO-like in GNUstep ?

--
Nicolas Roard