Re: AppKit Tool Problem

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: AppKit Tool Problem
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 01:52:27 +0200

Andreas Hoeschler wrote:
Is it possible to redirect the output to a NULL device? I googled for such a case but found nothing. My server has no display and I would be happy to see it running tools without the need of a further machine with xhost opened.

As I wrote, this depends on the GUI classes you are using. Some basic operations are fine without any backend initialised, but others aren't. You could try to get the offending bit from the gdb backtrace. But remember to NOT call sharedApplication, only than will a usefull backtrace show up.

Fred