Re: State of gnustep under panther?

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: State of gnustep under panther?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:22:33 +0100

On 2004-06-01 17:03:53 +0100 Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

On 2004-06-01 15:37:07 +0000 Matthew Weinstein <mweinste@kent.edu> wrote:

I'm wondering if there are build instructions (unofficial? official?) for building gnustep under panther (darwin 7.x) w/X11 interface? Downloaded the cvs but didn't see it anywhere? Hoping to get GORM up so I can start porting my app.

<snip>
But right now it works quite ok (some strange warnings/temporar errors with frameworks though).

IME compiling it under Darwin 7 for x86, freetype2 wouldn't build which I *think* precluded the use of one or other of the backends; art IIRC but I haven't tried this under Darwin in a few months. Under Panther, you should just be able to get the freetype2 package from Fink but this is still something to look out for. I intend to spend at least bits of the Summer battling with Darwin/x86 again - it's preferable to tanning ;).
--
Graham Lee
Wadham College