Re: Success with Cygwin - except for gdnc... any ideas ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Success with Cygwin - except for gdnc... any ideas ?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:34:50 +0100

> I understand that you do need java, but you shouldn't.

Inbdeed - hopefully libffi will be shipped as standard at some point.

> It's probably a problem related to libobjc, yes. I bet all lots of
> things are broken. We should find a contact person within the cygwin
> team to work with.

I'm using GNUsteps libobjc, not the Cygwin one. But it turns out that I
am not seeing problems with libobjc at all.

Simpler problem: my libRenaissance doesnt contain any object files!

Which would explain the unresolved symbols :-) But if anyone has any
insight into why this happens, or a suggested fix, then I would be
pleased to hear it preseumably its something to do with the way the
makefiles are written (have tracked down one thing already).

-bat.