RE: Multiple Document Interfaces

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: RE: Multiple Document Interfaces
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 03:21:27 +0100

On 2004-05-27 20:21:15 +0100 "Vaisburd, Haim" <HVaisbur@Advent.COM> wrote:

MJ Ray wrote:

despam2004@yahoo.ca (Java  script  Dude) wrote:
Is there any push to develop and integrate a MDI (Multiple Document
Interface) framework into GNUStep. [...]

I really hope not. MDI is usually an abomination.

Another vote in that direction. MDI seems to me like a bug in design.

Well, I wouldn't say it was so much a design bug as a design that is orthogonal to NeXTSTEP...although NeXTSTEP was a good enough design that anything orthogonal to it could be considered buggy :-)

--
Graham Lee
Wadham College