Re: Documentation handling

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: Documentation handling
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:49:42 +0800

On 2004-05-04 17:28:23 +0800 Dennis Leeuw <dleeuw@made-it.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Lately I have been working on the Documentation storage of Ocean. And I would like to hear some ideas of other people.

My first idea was to go with the setup already provided by GNUstep:
Documentation/Developer/
Documentation/User/
Documentation/man/
Documentation/info/

this might break man and info. i think its better to put all man files for all packages together. then all the other docs in the layout below.

But I now think that a more logical solution would be to use:
Documentation/make/3.8.0/man/
Documentation/make/3.8.0/info/
Documentation/gnustep-make/1.9.1/man/
Documentation/gnustep-make/1.9.1/info/
Documentation/gnustep-make/1.9.1/pdf/
Documentation/gnustep-make/1.9.1/html/

Just some examples.

The man directory could provide man1/ man2/ man3/ etc or just the manpages in the directory since they have the .1 .2 .3 etc extension they are still recognizable.

Ideas, suggestions to make life easier for your average mom or dad :)

Happy Stepping,

Dennis