Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:29:05 +0200

Sascha Erni, .rb wrote:

I'll either go with (2) right now, or try to figure out what fonts I missed when defining font sizes for in GNUstep (cf. mail to mailing list and Fred). xlib with AA enabled is pretty slow on my system, especially when scrolling through lots of text in a Terminal window, so I hope I'll get art running instead. I'll give 2.1.4 a shot and see what won't run any longer after the downgrade; with a bit of luck, it won't be much (if anything at all).

There was a patch by Derek Zhou to speed up AA drawing for xlib about a year ago. As AA was not widely used, I did not apply it at that time. If you are interested I could polish up that patch and apply it.