Re: bogus retain via NSEnumerator

From: David Stes
Subject: Re: bogus retain via NSEnumerator
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:14:49 GMT

In comp.lang.objective-c John C. Randolph <jcr@nospam.idiom.com> wrote:

>>  If you ever wrote a piece of real software, you'd know that portability is
>> important in the real world; regardless of what you may wish.
>
> I'm well aware of the importance of portability.  That's why I use GCC.

I'm afraid portability is more than just that, Mr. Apple employee.
Instead of boasting that you follow the rules of this silly autorelease memory
management, you'd better start to do some intellectual activity such as
*designing* a memory management instead of just following rules like a slave.
The creative activity of *designing* rules is all about avoid major mistakes
like the autorelease pool memory management: object-oriented design is not
about placing the responsibility for such things as memory management on the
user, it is about *hiding* complexity in modular software units.