ANN: Price 0.2.9

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: Price 0.2.9
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 23:52:39 +0200

  P R I C E   0 . 2 . 9
   =====================

I am pleased to announce a new release of Price.

PRICE (Precision Raster Image Convolution Engine) is an image filtering and
processing program. Currently it is capable of opening and saving tiffs. On
the latest version of GNUstep and on Macos-X it is capable of opening more
formats (jpeg, gif...).

The official site is: http://price.sf.net

Where I updated and inserted some documentation, example images and general
explanations about the filters.

Some highlights:
- equalization can now be done on color images
- the histograms are displayed for RGB color images too
- a powerful and customizable Median filter for the nois reduction has been
added
- many bug fixes (like crashing in the DFTHighPass under GNUstep and
similars) especially for some quirks in the GNUstep version

0.2.9 unfortunately has some invcnvenience under GNUstep. I am investigating
them and some of them are already "fixed" and under test, available on
price's CVS. I am also working on some other simple tools and so I hope to
be able to release 0.3.0 quite soon

-Riccardo

PS The application is GPL and so are the filters inside. Thus sharing the
code with other developers entangled in image processing/viewing is welcome.