Re: OT: FoundationKit Headers for NeXTStep 3.3

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: OT: FoundationKit Headers for NeXTStep 3.3
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 20:04:45 -0600

On Apr 4, 2004, at 10:01 PM, J.Aaron Pendergrass wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to port an app from Cocoa/GNUstep back to NeXTStep 3.3. The app makes use of numerous foundation kit classes (most notably NSURLFileHandle which may or may not exist at all for NeXTStep), I have downloaded & installed the Foundation kit user package from apple's archives, but I still need header files to do development.
Do these exist anywhere (are they free??)?
If not how difficult do people think it is likely to be to convince the GNUstep foundation to work on NeXTStep?

I don't know what you want to do here. It's obviously going to be hard to backport something like this due to all the missing classes. You'd have to implement them yourself. Perhaps you can take some of them from GNUstep and integrate them into your program. GNUstep itself won't compile on a NeXT computer due to the old compiler (I'm not even sure newer gcc's support NeXT, though).