Re: Apple's new compiler directives

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: Apple's new compiler directives
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:39:29 +0200

Am 03.04.2004 um 01:20 schrieb Ziemowit Laski:
On 2 Apr, 2004, at 15.08, Philip Mötteli wrote:
Apple has introduced some new (at least, I just got to know them) compiler directives:

- For exception handling: @try{}, @catch{}, @throw, and @finally{}
- For thread synchronizing: @synchronized()

I tried to use the new exception handling directives on Linux – this gives a parse error.
Is this even possible on Linux? Or will it be possible?

It's not possible currently, since the GNU runtime does not support the necessary APIs.
But it certainly _can_ be made to work.

And there's nothing in the works?

Re
Phil