Re: Break down of Xsun during the TableView processing

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Break down of Xsun during the TableView processing
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:50:01 +0100

Miroslav Novy wrote:
There is delegate method implemented in my class

- (void) tableView: (NSTableView*)aTableView
 setObjectValue: (id)anObject
 forTableColumn: (NSTableColumn*)aTableColumn
 row: (int)rowIndex

After my double click on the box for table editting, the Xsun breaks down.
I am using OS Solaris (x86), Window maker 0.80.2, gcc 3.3, GNUstep (make
1.8, base 1.8, gui 0.9, back 0.9).
Is there somebody able to help me.

The implementation of the method _setObjectValue:forTableColumn:row: for both NSTableView and NSOutlineView are both wrong, they test for a different method than the one they execute. But this does not explain the break down you experiance, as this check is superflous. Could you try to run your application in a debugger and send the backtrace of the problem?