Re: ANN: GNUstep make 1.9.1, GNUstep base 1.9.1

From: Dirk Olmes
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep make 1.9.1, GNUstep base 1.9.1
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:37:22 +0100

[... GNUstep base ...]
Noteworthy changes in version `1.9.1'
=====================================

   * Default string encoding taken from system nl_langinfo if not set
     with GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING.

I'm using the CVS version and update about once a week ... Now I'm getting
NSCharacterConversionExceptions: "Can't get cString from Unicode string".

This shows up mostly when browsing the filesystem with GWorkspace in
directories that have files with e.g. german umlauts in the names.

I've set GNUSTEP_STRING_ENCODING for now but what's the correct way to fix this
issue? Setting only LANG and LC_CTYPE didn't help :-(

-dirk