Re: CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:17:42 -0800

On Tue,  2 Mar 2004 02:27:39 +0100
nicolas@roard.com wrote:
> Selon "Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com>:
> > Why don't we split GNUstep core and "kits" and host them on two
> > different servers?
[...]
> www.gnustep-kits.org is available, I (or anybody else) could possibly
> take it if people agree on that idea. kits.gnustep.org is another
> option (could be a redirection too).
[...]

Having //kits.gnustep.org/ as an alias of //www.gnustep-kits.org/ (or
vice versa) would be a solution.

The advantage would be that the CORE CVS (and of course the TGZ/package
downloads) could be stripped down, and as a result downloads would be
faster.

> Thanks to fabien, here is a list of potential frameworks that we could
> want to highlight (some of them aren't ported yet to gnustep) :
[...]

Actually, I was thinking of (sortof) 'official' "kits", especially for
people who do/can not host their own stuff, so we have ONE CVS access
point instead of CVS on TuxFamily, Sourcefuck^Wforce, GNU, Non-GNU and
whatever else there is and no one knows about.

Of course we could, license permitting, also keep a sync of other
projects, like MusicKit. The problem here would be that someone is
needed to monitor those projects...

But the main focus should be on projects that are directly 'related' to
(aka written for) GNUstep, like, say, SMBKit, NetClasses, TalkSoup, the
various graphics projects, etc.

--
Chris