CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: CVS hosting issues (was: Re: Frameworks integration)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:35:15 -0800

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:32:01 +0100
Quentin Mathé <gnustep-quentin@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Le 28 févr. 04, à 21:58, Helge Hess a écrit :
[...]
> > As far as I know (and I think I once asked RMS) there is no
> > requirement that a project called GNUxxx makes copyright assignments
> > to FSF. This is encouraged, but the only thing necessary is GPL/LGPL
> > license (in short: it must be free software).
> > Someone may correct me.
> Yes, that's true, but because GPL compatible license must be used,
> there is a problem with some free licenses not GPL compatible like
> APSL (used in Tryst for example).
> This is why, I like the gnustep-kits idea... we wouldn't have such
> problems with it because it would be a non-gnu project.
[...]

Don't hurt me, but...

Why don't we split GNUstep core and "kits" and host them on two
different servers?

Keep -core (and everything _closely_ related, like Gorm and Renaissance)
on GNU's CVS and put everything else that can be considered an _add-on_
like said "kits" on a different CVS that has no problem with hosting
projects with mixed licenses?

We do have a couple of gnustep.TLD domains and I'm pretty sure we could
use one of them to host those projects...

--
Chris