Re: GNUstep built with uClibc: Some questions

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep built with uClibc: Some questions
Date: 28 Feb 2004 20:27:41 -0700

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 07:17, Pablo Di Noto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have built GNUstep in several machines, including a small embedded x86 PC.
>
> In order to fit a Linux+GNUstep base system into a compact flash card, I
> created a complete Linux set using uClibc and buildroot. GNUstep make
> and base were built without any problem.
>
> * Should I expect trouble when using DO between glibc-GNUstep and
> uClibc-GNUstep?

You shouldn't have problems with this. DO communication depends on the
proper data format exchanges, but GNUstep should be able to handle
converting data between dissimilar OSs.

> * Does the i18n of GNUstep depend on glibc locale?

As far as I know GNUstep uses Posix standard i18n functions for
determining and using locale information. At least it works for me on
several different types of (non-glibc) computers.