Frameworks integration

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Frameworks integration
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 05:27:22 -1100

Hi,

Currently we have different interesting frameworks that aren't in gnustep cvs, yet I think that they should be in if we want a broader acceptance of them -- which will benefit directly GNUstep as a development platform, as this platform will
then provide the programmer with a more complete environment.

I specifically think about XML framework (skyrix-xml) and ZeroConf (Tryst) -- even if some others could be interesting to add in the future -- because they are obvious interesting additions (we miss an xml framework and zeroconf is a really interesting feature). Quentin Mathe and I discussed a bit with others people at fosdem on this subject and it seems to be a good idea, so we'd like to have others people's
opinions now :)

The proposal is to put skyrix-xml and Tryst in the cvs (dev-libs), and possibly change their name to be more developer-friendly (ie a descriptive name followed by "kit" --
RendezvousKit or ServiceDiscoveryKit for Tryst for example).

I will add that another (important) missing part in gnustep is a sound framework... SndKit and MusicKit would imho be interesting to add in the future (specifically SndKit
-- after some work to modularize it more).
Adding them in the cvs isn't perhaps needed, but at least we should point them as
"official" solutions...

What do you think ?

--
Nicolas Roard