Re: ANN: Addresses 0.4.5

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: ANN: Addresses 0.4.5
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:05:20 +0100

Hi Alex,

Am 19.02.2004 um 22:02 schrieb Alex Perez:
Do you have any plans to allow Addresses to interface/connect to an LDAP server? I'd find this very useeful, as I'm already doing this with Apple's
AddressBook, and I move around a lot.

There was a guy (French, IIRC) who offered to write a plugin class to do just this a couple months ago. I haven't heard of him since, though, so he probably lost interest.

I won't do it myself in the near future; Bluetooth is a much higher priority. But it'd be really easy; just write an ADAddressBook subclass that uses LDAP for storage and put it into the ADMultiAddressBook that represents the address db. So if anyone wants to give it a shot, go ahead.

Regards,
Björn