Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X screenshots

From: Pascal J . Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Mac OS X screenshots
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 19:51:54 +0100

Brent Fulgham writes:
> > And finally, a special bonus shot:  Gworkspace compiled with Cocoa
> > (apple-apple-apple).  Only the small icon and browser views work.
> >
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/mgp_corp/GWSpaceCocoa.jpg
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> Wow! -- the Cocoa apps just look so pretty when compared to the
> outdated-looking core GNUstep stuff.  I sure hope the theme plugin is
> incorporated soon!  :-)

What  do  you  mean?  Cocoa  apps  just  look  so ugly  when  compared
to...  anything, and  in  particular to  the  optimum-looking core  NS
look-and-feel that GNUstep implements.

Why do  you think Apple is  gradually moving away from  Cocoa and more
and more is adopting its gray metal look?

Cocoa plain  sucks: everything's white and  indicernable.  You'd think
you're working in  a fog.  Nobody can see what's  the main window. You
spend twice the  time needed to position and  grow the windows because
there's no grow bar, etc, etc.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                     http://www.informatimago.com/
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he doesn't