Re: hide the menu

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: hide the menu
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:19:25 -0800

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:13:32 +0800
"Rogelio M. Serrano Jr." <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi how do i hide the vertical menu? I need to write an app that
> requires only a horizontal toolbar at the bottom of the window. I
> tried gtk but its seems easier to use projectcenter and gorm.

Hint:
  If you do not create a menu, your application won't show one ;-)

So, if you're using Gorm and create a New Application, delete the
autocreated menu.

Major disadvantage:
If, for some reason, your main window cannot be displayed upon launching
(and yes, that HAS happened to me before), there's no way in hell you or
a user will be able to pop it open...
OTOH, if there's a menu, you can simply do Windows -> Arrange in Front

--
Chris