Re: Base Compile Problem with most recent cvs

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Base Compile Problem with most recent cvs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:01:38 +0000

On 25 Jan 2004, at 18:26, Philip Mötteli wrote:

Hi

I try to install Gnustep on completely new installed SuSE system.
I have been able to compile the make-files and to source the environment variables. But I was unable to compile base:

 Compiling file NSPropertyList.m ...
NSPropertyList.m: In function `+[NSPropertyListSerialization propertyListFromData:mutabilityOption:format:errorDescription:]': NSPropertyList.m:2084: error: `GSXMLParser' undeclared (first use in this function) NSPropertyList.m:2084: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
NSPropertyList.m:2084: error: for each function it appears in.)
NSPropertyList.m:2084: error: `parser' undeclared (first use in this function) NSPropertyList.m:2085: error: `GSXMLNode' undeclared (first use in this function) NSPropertyList.m:2085: error: `node' undeclared (first use in this function) NSPropertyList.m:2101: warning: implicit declaration of function `nodeToObject' NSPropertyList.m:2101: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
NSPropertyList.m: At top level:
NSPropertyList.m:994: warning: `GSPropertyListFromStringsFormat' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [shared_obj/NSPropertyList.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [libgnustep-base.all.library.variables] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnustep/core/base/Source'
make: *** [internal-all] Error 2

Usually this worked. Have there been eventually introduced some errors in the CVS?

I've fixed that so it should compile ... a missing #ifdef in some new code ... but it indicates an underlying problem in that the configure script has failed to locate libxml2 and your base library is being built without xml support. Could you look at the log from the configure and work out why libxml2 is not found?