Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:15:42 -0800

On 20 Jan, 2004, at 13.55, Alex Perez wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ziemowit Laski wrote:
If you don't like ObjC++, you certainly don't have to use it! :-)  I
honestly don't know what your issue is here...

I actually don't mind the idea of ObjC, although I will probably only use it minimistically..what I take issue with, specifically, is the fact that you have carte blanche control over anything objc related in GCC, and you act like a lord, dictating what will happen and when, instead of working
with people. I understand that this is a viable model (and often quite
necessary) in many corporations, but it is not how the FSF generally does business, and I ask that you kindly recognize that and act in cooperation with others, instead of just dictatinig, which is what you're doing now.

Dude, you'll have to be specific here. If there is something _specifically_ wrong that you think I'm doing, please share it with us. But I must tell you that I tend to ignore vague, gadfly-like criticism like the foregoing.

Just to clear up misconceptions, I have absolutely no problem with you
personally nor with the idea of ObjC++. The last time you comitted a bunch of stuff, you broke the GNU ObjC runtime in your branch because you were
(IMHO) careless, and I do not wish to see a repeat performance of that.

I think you may have a minor misconception as to the purpose of
objc-improvements-branch.  It is a _development_ branch, among many
others, and as such contains work in progress, which may at times
be partially (or even completely) broken.  It is _not_ a release
branch.

--Zem
Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477