Re: PATCH: NSPathUtilities etc

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: PATCH: NSPathUtilities etc
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:23:40 +0100

On 2004-01-19 12:59:32 +0100 Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

We are encapsulating GNUstep (as DLL together with its resources) in the .app
folder of our applications on windows at present. So an application is
completely self containing, just doubleclick it and it starts. You can copy

Thats an excellent idea! I hadnt though of that as a way of getting round the
'need to install gnustep' problem on Windows, but its obvious now you
come to mention it.

Please NO!

Excuse me, but I think that this approach is not very elegat and is just a
workaround for GNUstep's internal incoherency.

... Does each Java application include Java runtime environment?

Instead of that, GNUstep should focus to be self-sufficient consistent
environment that is easily installable. Something.app is nothing more than just
some kind of Java application bundle.

GNUstep deployment on any system?

1. Install GNUstep environment
2. Install apps
3. Run apps

Best regards,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi