NSURLHandle availableResourceData

From: J. Aaron Pendergrass
Subject: NSURLHandle availableResourceData
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:32:07 -0500

Hey, I've been trying to optimize some code that uses NSURLHandle to download mp3s from a daap server (i.e. iTunes). In order to improve the speed of decoding, I was trying to use NSURLHandle's availableResourceData (while it is still loading in the background) selector to access the handle's internal buffer (to avoid spending time copying it's contents into my own buffer). But it seems to just return nil until the data is done being loaded.
This doesn't sound like the behavior described in the documentation.
Am I missing something?
Is this just not fully implemented yet?
Is there a better way?
thanks