Re: Fosdem 2004

From: nicolas
Subject: Re: Fosdem 2004
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:44:33 +0100

Selon Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk>:

> > > Are we interested in getting a GNUstep stand ?
> >
> > Of course :-)
>
> Ok - I've arranged for a stand (it seems this actually simply means a
> table with a couple of chairs). :-)
>
> But we could turn it into a good occasion to advertise GNUstep.
>
> Shall we print leaflets and/or posters and/or stickers and/or t-shirts ?
> Anyone willing to help with the organization and to be at the stand
> answering questions and generally helping/managing it ?  Other ideas for
> the stand.

Well, I think we should print posters/stickers/t-shirts ..
I guess that at least one or two big posters is mandatory for the stand;
anybody willing to contribute a nice 5000x3000 image for the posters ? :-)
t-shirts for the person at the stand would be good too... I did set up
a cafepress thing some months ago : http://www.cafeshops.com/gnustep (and I
remember there was another one too)... For the poster/stickers I think it
will be easier to contact a local printer.

Something that could be interesting is a small booklet presenting GNUstep
and the ideas behind it -- the KDE guys did that to a Paris show last year,
it was a good idea. Dennis ? :-)
(perhaps like OpenStep's guide to new user... see http://docs.sun.com/db/
doc/802-2101?q=openstep&a=load and
http://docs.sun.com/?q=openstep)

> I'm willing to help, but I don't have the time to really organize it
> properly in all details, so it's better if someone else is in charge of
> it.  Nicolas ? :-)

Well, I'm not sure I'll have much time either. Anyway, I will help as much
as possible ...

--
Nicolas Roard