Re: XML idea

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:29:51 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Jason Clouse wrote:

> On 2004-01-06 15:12:25 -0800 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu>
> wrote:
> > This is the kind of wrapper that should go into my PortabilityKit.
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know that a PortabilityKit
> even existed.  Since portability is pretty important, should this kit
> be included along with core, so it's not so obscure?  Portability
Nope, because (A) It's not an official FSF project (yet, anyways), and (B)
it's not even an official (IE GNUstep-sanctioned) project. This is by
design. It's mainly due to political reasons and the screaming hordes of
GNUstep users who might cut off my willy if I do something they don't
like :). If you or ANYONE is interested in helping out, I urge you to
contact me privately via e-mail.
> should be an out-of-the-box capability, right?  Not something you have
Too politically charged. Not at this time.
> to 1) know about; and 2) go download somewhere.
The reason you didn't know about it is because I've just started it, and
wasn't planning on announcing it until a later date, but as this
discussion came up I felt it was timely and worth letting people know
about.

Cheers,
Alex Perez