Re: Renaissance

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Renaissance
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:27:41 -0500

On 2003-12-08 16:47:49 -0800 Calvin Mitchell <calvin674@yahoo.com> wrote:
To The Illustrious Mr. Baehr:

I understand and appreciate your concern...
but what are we talking about here???

XML.

The XML is not the issue. The problem is that GORM is designed from the ground up to deal with live objects (binary code and data). It's an almost completely different approach to designing a GUI. To get GORM to deal with Renaissance effectively would require a complete redesign and rewrite, I imagine. So it would be faster to just write a new editor for it. At least, that's how I understand the state of things.