Re: InterfaceWM Updates

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: InterfaceWM Updates
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 01:45:06 +0100

Mondragon, Ian wrote:
4. As a TEMPORARY SOLUTION, added a ***KDE*** window type atom to the
-initializeEWMHDecorations method to resolve problems with GNUstep menus.
This is an issue that needs to be resolved within the GNUstep backend, not
InterfaceWM.  But until the EWMH window type is set to spec, this will be
the only way for GNUstep menus to behave properly under Interface.

I don't quite understand why this workaround is needed. According to the EWMH specification a window manager should just ignore type atoms it does not know (in this case the KDE one) and use the next atom instead. Or am I missing the real problem here?

Cheers
Fred