Re: Need help building Gorm on Windows

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Need help building Gorm on Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:09:32 -0700

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 05:58 AM, Chuanhao Chiu wrote:
shared_obj/ IBApplicationAdditions.o(.text+0xc):IBApplicationAdditions.m:
undefined reference to `__objc_exec_class'
shared_obj/ IBApplicationAdditions.o(.data+0x5c):IBApplicationAdditions.m:
undefined reference to `__objc_class_name_NSConstantString'

You might need to put something like

ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_TARGET_OS),mingw32)
libGorm_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lobjc
endif

in the GNUmakefile.preamble of Gorm/GormLib

Note that to get this far, I had to take out the line in
GormLib/GNUmakefile.postamble that creates a symlink "InterfaceBuilder"
because it triggered an error about pathname being too long.

Yep. we should avoid doing this, since symlinks don't work on Windows.