Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:49:22 +0800

Of course you can do anything you want. Im not the maintainer so its not my
decision at all.

On 2003-12-05 07:34:38 +0800 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Pete,
Anyway, you can argue the ethics all you like, but this is open source development, so if enough people want it (which they seem to) then it will
end up happening no matter what. So its better to go with the flow
and working out a way to get it running as cleanly as possible ith
minimal changes to the source IMHO. I might even pick up a Windows
programming books this weekend to give myself some reading material over christmas. I havent contirbuted anything to GNustep in months, and I really
should...
Yes! Agree! Someone else sees the light, and that gives me hope. There is clearly an interest in GNUstep Windows compatibiliy. Go with the flow. Fighting it is wasted effort. Those of you who try to fight it probably won't ever even use it anyways, so just stop whining. It's a separate backend that won't even be compiled unless you pass a flag to configure.

Once again, Pete, thanks for not being "partisan." and seeing the potential value in what a subset of the GNUstep user base wants.