Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 15:34:38 -0800 (PST)

Pete,
> Anyway, you can argue the ethics all you like, but this is open source
> development, so if enough people want it (which they seem to) then it will
> end up happening no matter what. So its better to go with the flow
> and working out a way to get it running as cleanly as possible ith
> minimal changes to the source IMHO. I might even pick up a Windows
> programming books this weekend to give myself some reading material over
> christmas. I havent contirbuted anything to GNustep in months, and I really
> should...
Yes! Agree! Someone else sees the light, and that gives me hope. There is
clearly an interest in GNUstep Windows compatibiliy. Go with the flow.
Fighting it is wasted effort. Those of you who try to fight it probably
won't ever even use it anyways, so just stop whining. It's a separate
backend that won't even be compiled unless you pass a flag to configure.

Once again, Pete, thanks for not being "partisan." and seeing the
potential value in what a subset of the GNUstep user base wants.