Re: GNUstep on MS Windows (Oh boy...i've done it now!)

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows (Oh boy...i've done it now!)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:14:28 +0100

Hi...

Just a short answer... I am just leaving for holidays... So I am short on
time..

> Thanks for your feedback, Roland (btw...Roland is my beloved cousin's
> name)!
>
> i respect the investment you've made in GNUstep on Windows.
>
> This makes me curious...what is your company's current investment in
> the Windows platform?
>
> What i mean is: how many apps that run on Windows does your company
> ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE to function?
We are having several bigger applications all running on windows.
They are all located on the printing sector. For more details please
take a look on our website (I don't want to use this is a marketing
platform)

> Would there be any linux/*nix equivalent to these apps?
>
> I myself ABSOLUTELY NEED my music notation software, which only runs
> on Windows. I've managed to get it installed and running on linux
> using the WINE project...would this be possible for any of your
> company's critical Windows apps?
Well... What can I tell you... So we are at present just selling
windows apps, even due to GNUstep's portability they can run on
others OSes as well, but at present customers are just using
windows... :-((( If a *nix platform is used heavily enough
and we would be asked, we could be ready soon. Because we are
only using technology which is platform independant.

Roland