Re: GNUstep IM app

From: Ian Jones
Subject: Re: GNUstep IM app
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:37:31 +0100

Why not take on an existing objective C IM client?

Yen-Ju Chen has said on this list that he can nolonger maintain some of his
applications and has put them up for people to takeover, this includes the
Hydroxide MSN IM client. I'd like to see someone make something of it, I have
looked at the source and it appears to be written in a way that would allow for
easy extension to support other IM protocols. Currently it only does MSN but I
think that is broken becaues of some changes microsoft did to prevent third
party clients, I'm no expert on this stuff but from what I heard / saw it was
functional and a good start.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/hydroxide/

Regards,

Ian