Re: GNUStep on Darwin!

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: GNUStep on Darwin!
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:02:53 -0800

1.  To state the obvious:
At static link time ld has found these symbols in specified dylibs.  At
run time the library in question is either missing from the default and
explicit DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or another library with the same name not
containing the symbols is ahead of it in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Actually, the build line says -flat_namespace and -undefined warn. The symbols were *not* found at static link time, I checked. :-( If it had, then I would be a happy camper. :-)

Well, there are many warnings about those two symbols, actually, most something like: ld: warning shared_obj/NSUser.o has external relocation entries in non-writable section (__TEXT,__text) for symbols:
rest_world
save_world

I'm assuming that these are not talking about defined symbols, but external symbols (that should be defined somewhere else), though I admin I don't actually understand what its telling me...

JP

--
God is dead, now the war shall never end.