Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 02:59:56 +0200

On 2003-11-14 22:32:39 +0200 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

Marko,
this is to announce a beta feature that was requested by Steve Jordal,
namely broadcast on the LAN to collect available domains. It is no
longer necessary to enter a domain. The leftmost column of the browser
displays the available domains. The method is the same as in the
script 'findsmb.'
Very cool. It would be wonderful to have this somehow interact with or
work via Workspace.app (I refuse to call it by its proper name)
Why? :-)
I'm just writing a ftp client that will work with GWorkspace, that is, dnd of
remote and local files between the two apps and dnd of files representing
bookmarks. I'd want to add samba support, too, and I'd be glad to collaborate
with Marko. But I'm also wondering if, instead of using smbclient, it exists a
portable samba library to use.