Re: Best way to organize a portable framework...

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Best way to organize a portable framework...
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 20:26:37 -0500

OK, I've gotten a GNUmakefile that builds the project (SMySQL framework, in case anyone is interested) and it works fine. However, since the MySQL client library can be in any number of locations (it's in /usr/lib/mysql on my machine), I've decided to use the output of the 'mysql-config --libs' command in the makefile like this:

SMySQL_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += `mysql_config --libs`

Which yields "-L'/usr/lib/mysql' -lmysqlclient -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm".

Is that an acceptable way to do this or is there a better way?