Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an officialm ascot.

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an officialm ascot.
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:54:53 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Larry Cow wrote:

> > Excellent idea !! I liked the tazmanian devil (nice puppy),
> > but an orca is just right :)
>
> I'm for the orca as well ;)

Okay,

Just a rough overview which ones are the most prefered mascots:

5+1 Orca
4   Cameleon
3   Panda
3   Zebra (maybe climbing stairs)
2+1 Tasmanian Devil

and many others:

1 Cod
1 Clown Fish
1 Tapir
1 Gecko
1 Komodo Dragon
1 Salamander
1 Dalmatian
1 Snake (forest cobra)

NB: I counted EVERY vote I saw on the mailing list, so a user can
    vote for several animals (but not more than once for the same animal)

I might have missed one or two, so it's time to set up a more
professional voting system.

Anyway, the Ocra seems to have support of most people, and since
I don't see a change for my favourite mascot (Komodo dragon),
my second & third vote goes to the Orca and the Tasmanian Devil.

greetings, Max