Re: Compiling on Darwin

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Compiling on Darwin
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 20:36:25 -0700

On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 07:54 PM, John Davidorff Pell wrote:

I configured everything w/ --library-combo=gnu-gnu-gnu but it still says that the objc runtime is NeXT... I'm now compiling apple's gcc with the patch in the machine-specific instructions (change #define to #undef), but I am unwilling to trash my NeXT runtime, how do i install the GNU runtime (and why isn't it built by default? Even if disabled!?) without clobbering other stuff, and what does -fgnu-runtime/-fnext-runtime *actually* do?

You need

--with-library-combo=gnu-gnu-gnu

Is that what you did? Even so, you still need the GNU libobjc library, you can't use the apple one (particularly if you are using -fgnu-runtime). You could probably try downloading and installing gnustep-objc - hopefully the compiler will find that instead of the apple runtime.