Re: setting colors

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: setting colors
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:30:52 +0100

Aleksandr Skobelev wrote:
"Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> writes:

On your shell you can call

 defaults write NSGlobalDomain windowBackgroundColor "R G B"

to set the background for a GNUstep window.
R, G, and B are expected to be float values.

You can "find" a full list of default settings by browsing the source
of -core/gui/Source/NSColor.m

Thank you. It works almost for all cases. But I still unable to change
colors for some controls (like NSTabView or NSBox). Is it bug or I've
missed something?

From the source code it is easy to tell, that NSBox draws the background and the background of the text cell in the same colour as the current window background colour. Not sure if this is correct. We could as well not draw anything at all or use the control background colour. Or ask the super view for it background colour, if this is available from this view.

The NSTabView on the other hand doesn't do that much drawing itself. Mostly it just renders iamges, that wont adopt to any colour changes.