GNU Objective-C runtime maintainer

From: Andrew Pinski
Subject: GNU Objective-C runtime maintainer
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:43:18 -0800

Would any one mind if I became the maintainer of the GNU Objective-C runtime? To me right now there looks like many patches "falling" though the cracks for
the library.
Right now there are 7 current bugs in GCC bugzilla filed against the runtime, 2 of these have patches which are small and will get approved right away after I become maintainer. My next step as maintainer I will make sure that the runtime
now gets broken when backend changes for ADJUST_FIELD_ALIGN.
The next after that will be trying spend some time convincing Apple to be able to merge their runtime with GNU's (mostly lawyer crap and some programming
as GNU objc does not have exceptions yet).

One of my proposes to add exceptions to the GNU runtime would be use the existing exception support in GCC as then it can change with the target and maybe be able
to cross languages (like to C++).

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski