Re: Shared application menu

From: Stefan Böhringer
Subject: Re: Shared application menu
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:25:46 +0200

From: "Banlu Kemiyatorn" <id@project-ile.net>
Cc: <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 9:02 PM

> Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
>
> >Sadly it is different. I remember that I wanted to move my Mail.app
> >mainwindow to the front by clicking in the only spot of it that was not
> >covered by other windows: the delete button was there - so I accidently
> >deleted a mail this way without noticing it. The next day I discovered
> >this mail in the trash...
> >

> Yes, that's what I was trying to address, too. I have had a similar
> trouble. Like I want to click
> the only visible part of Safari and accidently push on back button.
> Sometime it is handy
> but sometime's not and dangerous (reminds me of sloppy focus). So only
> one set of tool bar
> should be displayed depending on which window is focused in my opinion.

OPENSTEP/GNUstep knows of the concept of "first mouse" events. These are
mouse clicks leading to focussing of windows. Indvidual views in the window
can be configured either to receive such "first mouse events" or not. The
above problems could therefore be eliminated by not letting first mouse
events through to dangerous views (buttons).

Stefan