Re: ANN: MyFolks Framework (Apple AddressBook compatible)

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: ANN: MyFolks Framework (Apple AddressBook compatible)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 23:27:05 +0100

On 2003-10-06 21:09:33 +0000 Björn Giesler <bjoern@giesler.de> wrote:

>> be named the *SAME* (AddressBook, with the AB prefix) as Apple's as it is
>> basically 100% API compatible.
>
> Strongly disagree. I know I'm safe from a juristic POV, so that didn't
> influence my decision. But using the same class names as
> AddressBook.framework makes linking both frameworks into a single app (e.g.
> for migration purposes) completely impossible, which is a stated goal.

Yes, but I think that's a rather rare situation (linking to _both_ frameworks),
and
there is a solution for that one : just have a special header file using
#define ;-)
That is, just like now, but in the other way: the default should be AB and if
you
need to use both Apple and yours framework, well, provide some header file
renaming AB* in GS* or GSAB* for example ...
I think it would be more consistent.

--
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com>
PGP : http://www.roard.com/download/key.gpg.asc