Re: ANN: MyFolks Framework (Apple AddressBook compatible)

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: ANN: MyFolks Framework (Apple AddressBook compatible)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:09:33 +0100

On 2003-10-06 22:51:46 +0200 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> 1) By choosing the name MyFolks for the API (you may name the contacts app
> whatever you choose, I could care less), we are doing what I see as
> intentionally obfuscating what the API does. It's an Address Book api.

Maybe. It was the best I came up with in a pinch; anybody come up with
something better and I'll rename it.

> be named the *SAME* (AddressBook, with the AB prefix) as Apple's as it is
> basically 100% API compatible.

Strongly disagree. I know I'm safe from a juristic POV, so that didn't
influence my decision. But using the same class names as AddressBook.framework
makes linking both frameworks into a single app (e.g. for migration purposes)
completely impossible, which is a stated goal.

Regards,
Björn