Re: Hullo... new here and a question/problem

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Hullo... new here and a question/problem
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:09:53 -0600

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 10:39 AM, hugh d fegely wrote:

Below is the error I get when I try to compile the latest stable version of gnustep-back (0.8.5). I am fairly certain I have all the prereq's for GNUstep; everything else in the core elements went through the config/make/make install without a problem.

I just sent in the subscription request via the website, so I am hoping this goes through (have not seen a confirmation email yet).

Thanks in advance; I'd really like to try out GNUmail, as it looks to be what I've been wanting since Postilion died off..

Making all for subproject xlib...
 Compiling file XGContext.m ...
In file included from ../../Headers/xlib/GSXftFontInfo.h:32,
                 from XGContext.m:47:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:52: parse error before "_XftFTlibrary"
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:52: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `_XftFTlibrary'

This is a problem with the X11 headers picking up an old version of freetype (freetype1 not freetyp2). There are a few ways to fix this:

1. Add -I/usr/include/freetype2 to config.make in the gnustep-back directory (I'm not positive this will work).
2. Uninstall freetype1
3. Move the freetype 1 headers out of the way (probably in /usr/include/freetype)