Re: GNUstep cookbook: screen grab with X11. Misc.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: GNUstep cookbook: screen grab with X11. Misc.
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:20:41 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> schrieb: > Marko Riedel
wrote:
[SNIP]
> > That way
> >    we could handle all pixel structures and not just the few that are
> >    hardcoded into XGServer.
>
> Not all, only the ones that can be described using these three masks.
> You still need to query the server for pseudo-color visuals, and I don't
> think it'd help with grayscale visuals (although I guess those are rare
> today).

Hi Alexander, hi all,

I did mean to say "all pixel structures that can be described using these
masks", or else I would have completely removed the calls to XQueryColor
from my recipe. ;-)

As for the color picker, it should be possible. We'd grab the contents of
the root window, display it on top of all other windows, wait for a click
and return the color. Can we do without reading the image from the root
window? I have also noticed that I can't seem to get a GNUstep window to
obscure the KDE "kicker" at the bottom of the screen. I seem to remember
that there is some code somewhere that translates GNUstep window levels
into levels for the different window managers. I didn't see KDE3 treated
there.

Best regards,

=====
| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, markoriedelde@yahoo.de |