RE: Best way to draw image in menu title?

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Best way to draw image in menu title?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:58:49 -0700

Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

> Most likely if you just want to read an image from the disk and display
> it in a view, you use NSImage (which encapuslates NSBitmapImageRep and
> other representations). See
>
> -[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:]

> to do this.

My humble experience shows that

-[NSImage compositeToPoint:operation:]

does not respect scaling and rotation of the affine transformation
(which is applied to the drawing context, if I get it right).
It respects only translation.

If you want to scale the image, you need NSImageRep:

    NSAffineTransform * transform = ...; // get the transform somehow

    [transform concat];

    // Get NSImageRep of image
    NSImageRep * rep = [image bestRepresentationForDevice: nil];

    [rep drawAtPoint: NSZeroPoint];

Tima.