Re: Pending Litigation

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: Pending Litigation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:03:58 +0100

On 2003-08-28 18:56:08 +0200 John Anderson <janderson3272@wideopenwest.com>
wrote:
> So, to clarify status of GNUstep in terms of intellectual property law, I am
> preparing to file a lawsuit against Apple Computer, Inc. in United States
> District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division.

Shows the culture you've grown up in.

There are some places in the world where people might try *talking* to other
people first, before *suing* them. Has the thought ever crossed your mind that
it's neither very nice nor exactly prudent to try to get somebody to do what
you want by beating them with a stick instead of just asking? Especially if
they're *much* bigger than you? Has the thought ever occurred to you that a
lawsuit often does damage to both parties, which Apple won't care much about
but GNUstep will?

Apart from that, several people of the list have "clarified the status of
GNUstep in terms of 'intellectual property' law" quite intelligibly (and what a
ridiculous thing that is, 'intellectual property'); you don't have any reason
whatsoever to doubt that, as they certainly haven't.

                --Björn